For all of those that don't know, about 1 year ago a friend from church, Tim Borland, told me about his thoughts to run a bunch of marathons back-to-back to help support a foundation. The Foundation was the A-T Children's Project. A family friend of his has a child afflicted with the disease and Tim wanted to help. The crazy thing was as he started to develop the concept, the number of marathons back-to-back kept growing. Then it was a tour across the US while running, finally it was decided to run 63 marathons from the bay area to the east cost! Basically the number of days between the Anaheim Disneyland Half-marathon and the NYC marathon. He is currently running hard at day 51! this is truly amazing. His determination for trainning inspired me to start exercising again. He gave me a bunch of pointers and I started running and hitting the gym every morning before work (5am). Since I started last Nov, I've lost 20 lbs and feel way better. I can consistently run 4-5 miles non-stop( I started out running for only 3min at a time). through my training, I was able to run with Tim in Los Gatos on Day 3 of his journey. Please check out his video blog at the link below. I wanted to preference my blog post with personal info b/c they asked all bloggers to post a link to the video diary regarding his running tour. I hope everyone who reads our little blog will be inspired to start moving again. Good luck Tim!
Jon
http://atcuretour.com/atcuretourontheroad/archives/8
Ultra-runner Tim Borland is running 63 marathons in 63 days in order to raise funds and awareness for the A-T Children’s Project in their quest for a cure or life-improving therapies for ataxia-telangiectasia (A-T). A-T is a rare, neurodegenerative disease that affects children, giving them the combined symptoms of cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, and cancer. Children with A-T — born seemingly healthy — are usually dependent upon wheelchairs by the age of 10 and often do not survive their teens.
0 comments:
Post a Comment