Thursday, December 20, 2007

Our three month old little guy



Eli celebrated his three month birthday today. We cannot believe how fast time is flying! He is growing quickly and is really starting to show his personality. He smiles all the time and laughs, loudly, at almost any familiar face. He has really taken to his bathtub and is kicking like a swimmer whenever he is in there, soaking the bath giver and everything around him. He is still sleeping fabulously (7'ish pm to 7'ish am) and while naps seem to be intermittent, I'll take the sleeping through the night anytime! His hair is growing in a bit more though his little cowlick seems to be sticking with us. He's considering rolling over and gets to his side before he gives up. Any day now I imagine I'll see him on his belly.

The girls have started calling him Mr. Man and Whammer Hammer ("because he whams his hands like a hammer!") and are absolutely in love with him. I have to keep my eye on Jillian who I have now found feeding him Playdoh and, just today, a watermelon lollipop. The girl loves food and I guess she's trying to share her love with her new little brother. Ava is an adoring big sister and a huge help to me and Eli seeks her out whenever she comes into a room.

We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. My good friend Rachel from Westmont will be coming into town from Chicago on Saturday and I cannot wait to see her and spend time with her. We'll then be doing the family shuffle on Tuesday celebrating Christmas morning with the Olson side and then enjoying our time with the Bensons and sharing a meal. We hope you all have a great time with your families and celebrating God's gift to us in sending his Son.

1 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Wow! The girls and Eli are sooo big! We hope you guys had a great Christmas, too. Love ya!